Head of the laboratory Balzhan Shayzadaevna Myrzakhmetova, Candidate of Biological Sciences. Epizootology, veterinary virology, cell biotechnology and immunology specialist. Author of more than 80 scientific papers, including 20 innovative patents and 1 monograph, member of the Expert Council of the Institute and the editorial board of the journal “Biosafety and Biotechnology”.
For merits in the development and production of the coronavirus infection COVID-19 vaccine QazVac in 2021 she was awarded the medal “Халық алғысы (Halyk Algysy – People’s gratitude)”.
- Researches with pathogens of especially dangerous infectious diseases of animals and humans in order to study their biological properties and prepare standardized samples for research and production of biological preparations;
- Determination and characteristics of the risks of especially dangerous infectious diseases of an enzootic and exotic nature for the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Development of tools, methods and measures against especially dangerous infectious diseases used in epizootics/epidemics and bioterrorism.
According to the task “Development of COVID-19 coronavirus infection inactivated vaccine” within the framework of the STP PTF “Development of COVID- 19 coronavirus infection vaccine”, the following were obtained:
– Patent of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 34762 dated 08.12.2020 for the strain “SARS-CoV-2/KZ_Almaty/04.2020” of the COVID-19 coronavirus infection virus, used to prepare means of specific prevention, laboratory diagnosis and assessment of the effectiveness of biological protection of COVID-19 coronavirus infection vaccine;
– Patent of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 34761 dated 08.12.2020 for a method of producing an inactivated vaccine for the prevention of COVID-19.
According to the task “Development of a live vaccine based on the attenuated SARS-CoV-2 virus” within the framework of the STP PCF ” Development of COVID- 19 coronavirus infection vaccine”, the following were obtained:
– Patent No. 35175 for the attenuated strain “SARS-CoV-2/NIIPBB-2021” of the coronavirus infection COVID-19 virus, used for the preparation of means of specific prevention and laboratory diagnosis of the disease.
– Patent of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 35526 for the strain “SARS-CoV-2/Indian-Delta/KZ_ Almaty/07.2021” of the genetic variant “Indian-Delta” of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, used to prepare COVID-19 coronavirus infection vaccine and assess the effectiveness of the biological protection formed by vaccines.
– Patent of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 35528 for the strain “SARS-CoV-2/Britain/KZ_ Almaty/05.2021” of the genetic variant “British” of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, used to prepare COVID-19 coronavirus infection vaccine and assess the effectiveness of biological protection formed by vaccines.
– Жугунисов К., Керимбаев А.А., Копеев С.К., Мырзахметова Б.Ш., Туысканова М.С., Наханов А.К., Хайруллин Б.М., Орынбаев М.Б., Абдураимов Е.О., Касенов М.М., Закарья К.Д., Кутумбетов Л.Б. Вирус SARS-CoV-2: выделение, культивирование, термостабильность, инактивация и пассирование. Вестник КазНУ им. Аль-Фараби, серия биологическая, № 1 (90), 2022. С. 73-89.
– B.Khairullin, K.Zakarya, M.Orynbayev, Y.Abduraimov, M.Kassenov, G.Sarsenbayeva, K.Sultankulova, O.Chervyakova, B.Myrzakhmetova, A.Nakhanov, A.Nurpeisova, K.Zhugunissov, N.Assanzhanova, S.Nurabayev, A.Kerimbayev, Z.Yershebulov, Y.Burashev, I.Kulmagambetov, T.Davlyatshin. Efficacy and safety of an inactivated whole-virion vaccine against COVID-19, QazCovid-in®, in healthy adults: A multicentre, randomised, single blind, placebo-controlled phase 3 clinical trial with a 6-month follow-up. EClinicalMedicine 2022:50:101526.
– A.Nurpeisova, B.Khairullin, R.Abitaev, K.Shorayeva, K.Jekebekov, E.Kalimolda, A.Kerimbayev, K.Akylbayeva, Zh.Abay, B.Myrzakhmetova, A.Nakhanov, Zh.Absatova, S.Nurabayev, M.Orynbayev, N.Assanzhanova, Kh.Abeuov, L.Kutumbetov, M.Kassenov, Y.Abduraimov, K.Zakarya. Safety and immunogenicity of the first Kazakh inactivated vaccine for COVID-19. Human Vaccines and Immuno-therapeutics. doi.org.10.1080.21645515.2022.
– K.Zhugunissov, K.Zakarya, B.Khairullin, M.Orynbayev, Y.Abduraimov, M.Kassenov, K.Sultankulova, A.Kerimbayev, S.Nurabayev, B.Myrzakhmetova, A.Nakhanov, A.Nurpeisova, O.Chervyakova, N.Assanzhanova, Y.Burashev, M.Mambetaliyev, M.Azanbekova, S.Kopeyev, N.Kozhabergenov, A.Issabek, M.Tuyskanova, L. Kutumbetov. Development of the inactivated QazCovid-in Vaccine: Protective Efficacy of the vaccine in Syrian hamsters. Frontiers in Microbiology. – 2021. – Volume 12. doi:10.3389/fmicb.2021.720437.
- Laboratory diagnostics of especially dangerous infectious diseases.
- Development of recommendations for the diagnosis, prevention and control of especially dangerous infectious diseases of viral etiology.
- Training in the study of pathogens of especially dangerous infectious diseases.